# of divers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

¡Saludes, señoras y señores!

¡Good day my friends and feliz Cinco De Mayo a todos!

Not to be redundant and repeat myself, but considering that the real Mexican Independence Day is actually on September 16, why not skip the Coronas and invite the amigo academy over for an evening of tequila tasting?

Offer your compañeros a three course meal with tequila pairings

course numero uno:
A silver variety for spicy, guajillo-peppered, lemony ceviche


dos:
a reposado with a browned chicken mole main attraction


and el tres:
an anejo with a chocolate crepe topped with a bit of dulce de leche for a decadent, sweet-toothy finish.

Alternatively, you can save the iron chef comida-off for the sixth of May, where you can sleep in on the seventh of May, or any other calendar day deemed worthy of a fine meal. 
You deserve it (and I'm inviting myself over for dinner).

Cheese tip:
Mexican cheeses are surprisingly mild, not espicy. Try a manchengo viejo from from the Spanish region of La Mancha (and home of Don Quixote). Adorn it with a jalapeño sliver on it, not in it.

...

And if perchance, you happen to know of a talented mariachi suitmaker, I'm in desperate need of a referral. I could use a mean charro suit, a la three amigo style, with heaps of silver jingle-jangles. Fitted of course, with a few firey red, rosebuds tucked into a señorita bun atop my head.

Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!


Have a beautiful day and night, my friends.

Play safe!

x
            

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...