# of divers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Operation Flying Monkey Bike

Flying monkey – artwork by Ken Keirns

I'm in a renegade playa mode. Plotting, planning, packing and pondering all that lies in the dusty week ahead. The beach cruiser is well underway in its transformation to becoming a flying monkey perfectly suited for Burning Man in the days to come.

Yes, it's a bellhop monkeybike of the Wizard of Oz kind. And it is by no stretch of the imagination a friendly bike. She's a beast of a pedal-driven recreational vehicle.

What began as this cutesy, little beach cruiser bike of mine, 


with just a slight bit of inspiration from this here monkey logo...


...and a cheap $2.99 monkey face mask, combined with mediocre sewing abilities,


has now evolved into a full-fledged Monkey Operation.


I would have loved to have made use of this here mask:


but seeing that its asking price is $110, I elected to go with the under three bucks option. Transforming my once darling, surfer girl bike, into this winged beast on wheels.


They landin' in yo dark woods, snatchin' yo pretties up, so you better hide yo girls, hide yo scarecrows, annn' hide yo tin men cuz they takin' err'body out, yeah.

I didn't mean for it to be a frightening bike, and yet it is. To be honest, I had quite forgotten how creepy those winged monkeycreatures are.


Nevertheless, I am now set to proudly fulfill my obligations to write for, and deliver the Black Rock Beacon Newspaper about the dusty 89412 zipcode* from tent, to yurt dome, to RV, and all along the generally isolated stretch of the Nevada desert.

Quite likely with the following Miss Gulch and/or the Wicked Witch theme song in tow.

heebie-jeebies!

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

But the reality is that I will be so happyfaced, I will most likely have this little ditty on my mind instead:


*anyone wishing to send a good old fashioned letter my way while I'm away at Burning Man, can do so by sending said letter (between now and around August 27th) to the following address:

RINGO FIREFLY
c/o BLACK ROCK BEACON
1:00 & INNER CIRCLE
BURNING MAN FESTIVAL,

BLACK ROCK CITY / GERLACH, NV
89412 U.S.A.

It would make me incredibly heartwarmy and smiley in the faceparts to open up and read your mail whilst drinking my morning coffee just outside my tent.

I do wholeheartedly promise to write you back with my dust monkey adventures.



Additionally, you shall have my eternal gratitude.

Now don't make me send out my flying monkey, for I am now the proud owner of one, and how many folks can claim the right to say so?

Fly now my pretties, FLY!!!!

 toplessrobot.com
  
And with an ominous "Oh-wee-oh, eoh um" fit for a Winkie Soldier Guard, it's off I go.

So much to do, so little time!

Ciao for niao

x
      

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...